Forklift Operator - Warehouse
About the Job
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count
merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also
be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
· Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
· Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
· Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality
· Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of
· product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer
· service standards.
· Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers
· Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck,
· or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
· On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
· Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
· Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security
· are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the
· security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
· Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
· Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required
· High school diploma or GED required
· Previous forklift experience, with certification being beneficial
· Ability to perform basic math
· Intermittent lifting of weight up to 50 pounds, and some lifting, pushing or pulling of weight ranging up to 75 pounds
· Ability to make decisions and complete tasks in a fast paced environment
· Occasional weekend work and overtime may be required
Diversified Sourcing Solutions offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a full service staffing and human resources company offering a wide variety of employment opportunities. We offer both full-time and part-time positions that may be permanent, short-term temporary, long-term temporary or direct hire in nature. Please explore our job board to find the perfect opportunity and apply online!
It is the policy of Diversified Sourcing Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Diversified Sourcing Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Our hiring practices are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions.