A large international packaging solutions firm is aggressively seeking 3-4 Glue Machine Operators for our Dallas facility. These positions are available immediately and will offer immediate hire with benefits, extremely competitive compensation plans and overtime on a regular basis.
This is a Direct Hire position that does not require a probationary period through an agency.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, operation and maintenance of finishing equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Review and follow the job ticket.
· Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Follow instructions accurately.
· Verify finished product matches the supplied sample.
· Perform routine adjustments during each job and maintain production throughout the run.
· Perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
· Maintain make-ready and run standards while producing quality products.
· Maintain records of daily production, using Pecas and specified forms.
· Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Oversee the crew working on the machine.
· Ensure product conforms to quality standards.
· Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department. Follow established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
· Complete non-compliance documentation as necessary.
· Keep work area neat and clean.
· Train co-workers to set up, operate and use equipment as directed.
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Five years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in facility is required.
· Two or more years experience in folding carton converting is preferred.
· Knowledge of the following equipment is preferred: International Paperbox finishing equipment, Bobst finishing equipment, and Hyber-Shroeder window machine.
· Must understand and know how to operate quality assurance systems used on operating equipment comparable to that in facility.
· Must be able to operate glue systems such as HHS, Pafra, Nordson PUR system and hot melt units.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job tickets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must pass color vision & hue test.
· Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must have basic computer skills (email, data entry, etc.).
· Must have basic math skills & the ability to read a ruler.
· Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self motivation.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.