A large international packaging solutions firm is aggressively seeking 3-4 Offset Press Operators for our Dallas facility. These positions are available immediately and will offer immediate hire with benefits, extremely competitive compensation plans and overtime on a regular basis.
This is a Direct Hire position that does not require a probationary period through an agency.
The job description is contained below:
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
• Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
• Starts machines and performs trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
• Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
• Assures the image is registered from unit to unit and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings.
• Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
• Accurately follows instructions.
• Maintains and records of daily production, using specified forms.
• Records and amends production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product using hand tools.
• Performs daily and monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have 3-7 years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must demonstrate basic computer skills to do data entry.
• Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).
• Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
• Must be able to read a ruler.
• Must be able to do accurate work.
• Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Base Pay $22.50 - $30.00 /Hour
Other Pay Overtime and full benefits
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Manufacturing
Education High School
Experience 3 to 10 years
Manages Others Not Specified
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a full service staffing and human resources company offering a wide variety of employment opportunities. We offer both full-time and part-time positions that may be permanent, short-term temporary, long-term temporary or direct hire in nature. Please explore our job board to find the perfect opportunity and apply online!
It is the policy of Diversified Sourcing Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Diversified Sourcing Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Our hiring practices are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions.