Work Environments may vary depending upon the season. Mechanics may spend 50% or more outdoors exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions. Mechanics may be subject to irregular work schedules, temperatures and weather extremes, excessive noise and vibration levels, long distance road calls, short notice for assignment of a road call, demanding schedules, delays en route to a breakdown road call and other stresses and fatigue related to congested streets and highways in all kinds of weather including icy conditions.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other key components to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
• Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment
• Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
• Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
• Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, charts and pressure gauges
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
• Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
Equipment/Tools Used: Hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, precision instruments.
Power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, drills, grinder and jacks and hoists.
Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Steel-toe boots, gloves, goggles, overalls, face shields and/or harnesses.
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Preferred: Experience in heavy diesel repair; CDL Class B license; LPG forklift certificate
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a full service staffing and human resources company offering a wide variety of employment opportunities. We offer both full-time and part-time positions that may be permanent, short-term temporary, long-term temporary or direct hire in nature. Please explore our job board to find the perfect opportunity and apply online!
It is the policy of Diversified Sourcing Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Diversified Sourcing Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Our hiring practices are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions.