Fleet Maintenance Technician
• Perform general mechanical repair to vehicles in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further damage, including troubleshooting procedures and repair in the following areas:
o Refrigeration equipment, Carrier & Thermo-king
o Electrical system (i.e. alternator, starter, compressors, etc.)
o Remove, replace and adjust equipment to keep equipment up to date and performing at its best
o Working knowledge of using diagnostic equipment/tools software
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment including tractors, trailers, articulators and shop tools in an effort to enhance the use life of the equipment including:
o Check, change and replace oil, oil filter and air filter
o Lube chassis parts
o Check/ diagnose batteries as needed
o Check front axle, rear axle and driveline components and working functions
o Knowledge of cab controls and functions
• Ability to identify tire wear to prevent abnormal wear and potential tire related accidents:
o Check tires on a scheduled basis for wear and proper air pressure
• Maintain the shop area by keeping tools and equipment picked up, placing cleaning agents on oil and liquid spills, sweeping the shop area floor, dumping trash and identifying safety hazards and proper corrective action.
• Maintain a repair record for each vehicle/reefer unit by recording repairs/maintenance performed, dating and signing work order to provide an accurate record for planning and evaluation purposes.
• Perform safety inspections, noting components repaired and date repaired on the report. Ensure equipment is in full compliance with state safety regulations and standards (signed off by Shop Manager).
• Assist with emergency road calls and call backs as noted in the Road Call Procedure Standard.
• Follow standards, safe work methods, proper tool use, maintenance and handling.
• Determine excessive wear on equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that an individual must possess to perform the essential functions of this job:
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of Fleet Maintenance experience
• Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally and 100 pounds rarely.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written as well as excellent mathematical skills required
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and mandatory ergonomics testing required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work efficiently; follow schedules, instructions, wiring diagrams, maintenance and other guidelines associated with the maintenance/repair of vans, trucks and reefer units; analyze and disseminate forms; mange work time; efficiently; follow procedures and policies.
• Ability to use a Mig/Arc welder, cutting torch, air wrench and hand tools.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to outside conditions (rain, cold, heat, etc.), moving machinery and equipment, and high noise levels.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Technical Requirements:
• HVAC vocational training or Certification strongly preferred
• ASE certified preferred
• Current state inspection license preferred
• CDL Air Brake certified preferred
• Class A or B CDL preferred
• Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
• 3 years’ experience in refrigeration &/or overhauls and rebuilds of heavy-duty diesel engines and transmissions
• Knowledge of compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a full service staffing and human resources company offering a wide variety of employment opportunities. We offer both full-time and part-time positions that may be permanent, short-term temporary, long-term temporary or direct hire in nature. Please explore our job board to find the perfect opportunity and apply online!
It is the policy of Diversified Sourcing Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Diversified Sourcing Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Our hiring practices are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions.