Diversified Sourcing Solutions is actively seeking a Tax Senior Associate. This position reports directly to our Tax Managers, Tax Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding tax team. The Tax Senior Associate performs and reviews enterprise and individual tax compliance engagements, tax planning, and tax provisions for public and private clients. Engagements include but are not limited to the following: corporate taxation, consolidated returns, S-Corporation taxation, partnership taxation, individual taxation, estate/trust/gift returns and state and local tax matters.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients; make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, partnership, S-corporation and individual tax compliance engagements.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Interact closely with the client and their advisors.
- Assist with individual, gift, trust and estate returns.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Responsible for project management as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, reach appropriate conclusions and apply authority to support conclusions.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions and ensure proper execution of assignments.
- Provide staff with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how to manage all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
- 2-4 years of tax compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required – Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom and Checkpoint desired.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, individuals and consolidated returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience with inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimalization, helpful, but not required.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- International tax experience and knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing and managing clientele base on a day to day basis.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
Diversified Sourcing Solutions is a full service staffing and human resources company offering a wide variety of employment opportunities. We offer both full-time and part-time positions that may be permanent, short-term temporary, long-term temporary or direct hire in nature. Please explore our job board to find the perfect opportunity and apply online!
It is the policy of Diversified Sourcing Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Diversified Sourcing Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Our hiring practices are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions.