We are currently looking to hire a Web Systems Developer for one of our clients in Clearwater. This is a 3 months contract assignment that pays up to $36/hr.
The Web Systems Developer is responsible for the technical development and implementing web strategies and web-based functions that promote and support the organization’s strategic goals and priorities.
There are 4 key components to this position that come with this position. These include:
1. Opportunity to architect your solutions and use your creativity in development. In essence, you have total control over how you do things.
2. Opportunity to interact with senior management to include the CEO of the organization.
3. Opportunity to have full responsibility for web systems within the IT organization. This comes with two important items;
b.Full Responsibility – there is no one behind you to figure things out.
4. To be fully self directed and only guided by the Director.
In collaboration with various departments, he/she oversees the planning, development, and implementation of web-based projects and ensures all related business requirements are met. He/she develops measures and provides data/feedback to the organization to ensure excellent internal and external customer experience of web-based functions.
? Experience in business process design and system management
? Demonstrated skills and verified experience in web application programming, webmaster duties in Windows environment, graphic manipulation and creation, and strong knowledge of web authoring tools
? Three years of work experience managing implementation and maintenance of web application projects
? Fluency in Windows environment, Windows 2007, Microsoft Office, Active Directory
? Knowledge of Kentico .NET/C# Content Management System (CMS) a plus
? eBusiness Experience, ePortal Experience
? Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience in related field.
? A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
? Exposure to software such as QuarkXpress, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Freehand, Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MS, Flash, VBScript, and PowerPoint
? Visual Basic, C#, and .Net experience
? Must successfully complete critical thinking skills assessment
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads web innovation and web system development projects.
• Maintains and employs a body of knowledge regarding change management and project management.
• Assures that Web systems have a long-range technical strategy which achieves the organization’s mission and relevance to the community, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Promotes, articulates and models the vision, mission and values of the organization. Professionally represents The Hospice.
• Practice’s leadership behavior in relationship to personal skill development.
• Promotes the broader vision of Web Systems and actively participates in the decision making process.
• Obtains and defines needed business requirements for all Web-based applications. Develops standards for business processes that support web functionality. With other department managers, develops systems and processes to effectively meet business requirements and seeks appropriate technological solutions (web or application-driven solutions)
• Provides guidance to our family of programs concerning the development of new web systems. Works with customers and technology vendors to maximize opportunities in company's Web-based presence.
o Evaluate the web system needs and opportunities
o Evaluate new technologies and solutions.
o Facilitate the coordination of web development efforts
o Act as a technical liaison between business units and web systems vendors. Interacts with internal and external customers and troubleshoots problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
o Develop new web systems and customize existing solutions to meet our organizations needs
o Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to all aspects of Web systems (intranet and extranet) including design, release, and maintenance.
• o Establish systems with other departments to ensure that all Web site content meets established standards and works with content developers to assess any technical challenges in displaying the content.
o Strategically communicate trends and patterns to the organization, and to specific departments
o Coordinate and facilitate the ongoing publishing, maintenance and updating of content to our public website
o Improve visitor experiences through customer feedback, usability reviews and improved site functionality
o Coordinate with Marketing and other business units on the development of new content and provide them with the website functionality they need
• Evaluates network, software and hardware needs and coordinate with appropriate personnel to ensure website and application availability.
• Maintains web servers and ensure data integrity for all of our web systems.
o Database backups
o Website backups
o Security reviews
o Security updates
o File backups
oSoftware updates and upgrades
• Incorporates customer feedback to drive ongoing product and process improvement.
•Other duties as assigned
Promotes Social and Emotional Well Being
• Maintains patient and family confidentiality at all times.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities while presenting a confident and resourceful style to all stakeholders.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently and communicates effectively with management.
• Promotes, articulates and models the vision, mission and values of the organization.
• Assists organizations leadership to develop and foster need to embrace technology.
• Comprehend, utilize and model change management skills and behaviors to instill confidence and calmness around the implementation of technology.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into Internet technologies and programming languages in order to effectively resolve problems.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Typical office environment with a computer workstation.
• Physical demands considered within the light duty category to perform the range of activity required for this position.
• Incumbant will be considered a "Privileged User" and must sign a "Priviledged User Agreement" upon hire which states the employee agrees to protect the integrity and confidentiality of the organization’s information systems and all confidential patient and /or proprietary information.